The Presidio Trust is seeking a Locksmith. Once an Army base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. The park includes 477 individually significant historic buildings, approximately 6 million square feet of office space, and more than 180 historic objects. To date, 325 historic buildings have been fully or partially rehabilitated, occupied, and revived with new life and new uses for our public visitors, tenants, and employees. The Building Maintenance Department keeps these spaces both beautiful and functional for their modern uses. Our Locksmith plays a critical role in repairing, installing, rebuilding, and servicing mechanical and electrical locking devices to sustain protection throughout the Presidio.
Our ideal candidate is organized and the consummate professional, coordinating and interacting graciously with the Presidio and local communities, including colleagues, tenants and visitors. You are familiar with the tools of the trade, and are able to complete the work expeditiously with a high level of quality and customer service.
Applications received by November 14, 2016 will receive first consideration. This is a full-time temporary position expected to last up to 11 months.
- Disassemble locks such as padlocks, safe locks, and door locks, and repair or replace worn tumblers, springs, and other parts.
- Insert new or repaired tumblers into lock to change combination.
- Cut new or duplicate keys.
- Move lockpick in cylinder to open door locks without keys.
- Open safe locks by drilling.
- Keep records of company locks and keys.
- Associate's degree or equivalent, or at least six months of related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine correspondence and reports.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the Trust.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, and solve practical problems.
- Frequently required to use hands. Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- Experience working in historic buildings.
- Experience interacting with tenants, vendors, and industry-related contacts.
- Impeccable customer service skills.
About the Presidio Trust Building Maintenance Department
Approximately 3,000 people reside in apartments, townhomes, single-family homes or duplexes in one of the 21 distinct Presidio neighborhoods, which are located near forest groves, trails, waterfront paths, a golf course and a beach. More than 3.5 million square feet of non-residential space is located throughout the park. Two-thirds of the buildings are historic, representing a variety of architectural styles, from the Spanish era through World War II. The Presidio is an extraordinary place to work for the thousands of employees of approximately 100 businesses who lease commercial space. The Presidio Trust Building Maintenance Department ensures that these beautiful, historic buildings are suitable, beautiful and ready every day for their modern uses by tenants, residents, employees, and visitors.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes and a credit report. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.