The Presidio Trust is seeking an enthusiastic and organized team player for the Executive Assistant position for the Presidio Institute. Once an Army Base, the Presidio of San Francisco is now a new kind of national park. The Presidio Institute is located at historic Fort Scott, a stunning 20-acre campus overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge. Building on the Presidio's legacy of service and public-private partnerships, the Presidio Institute provides transformational experiences that inspire, encourage, and empower leaders to make measurable impact in their communities.
The Presidio Institute is an initiative of the Presidio Trust, a distinctive federal agency created to save the Presidio and transform it for a new national purpose. The Presidio Trust's strategic direction includes a mission to create positive impact beyond its walls, through initiatives like the Presidio Institute, which engages individuals, nonprofits, foundations, academic institutions, government agencies, and private businesses to build a stronger pipeline of leaders who can stand up to the tests of our times. To learn more, visit: www.presidiotrust.gov/institute
Applications received by October 13, 2016 will receive first consideration.
- Provide administrative and scheduling support for the Managing Director of the Presidio Institute.
- Support the Presidio Institute team by coordinating weekly and biweekly team meetings, project managing internal communication and transactions, managing the list of tasks and deadlines, and owning the comprehensive list of goals and metrics for the department.
- Manage and oversee the department budget, including support with annual budget preparation and ongoing cost tracking and forecasting, and purchasing through Oracle.
- Complete travel documents, and arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations.
- Support Presidio Institute events and activities including pre-planning and day-of support such as helping to welcome the public, event registration & orientation, and answering questions about the Presidio Institute and specific events and programs.
- Field and respond to incoming calls from the public, route mail, prepare outgoing correspondence, prepare agendas, reserve conference rooms, and record minutes of meetings.
- Serve as timekeeper and process timesheets for assigned employees on a bi-weekly basis, acting as liaison between employees and Human Resources regarding timekeeping questions and issues, and serving as back-up timekeeper.
- Act as liaison between the Presidio Institute and other departments.
- At least three years' experience as an administrative assistant or project coordinator, OR an associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, work ethic, and commitment to providing excellent customer service, while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to think strategically, multi-task, attend to detail/deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated to manage multiple projects simultaneously, excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to be flexible and adapt with change.
- Ability to anticipate, triage, and resolve practical problems considering interrelationships between organizations, people, and current issues.
- Proficient with accounting principles and computer skills including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Typical hours will be Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm, with occasional evenings and weekends.
- Optimistic and positive attitude with a demonstrated deep commitment to the highest level of customer service.
- Experience working with Quicktime (or similar timekeeping software), Oracle (or similar accounting software), and Ungerboeck (or similar CRM systems such as Salesforce or Microsoft Dynamics).
- Possession of a valid CA driver's license.
About the Presidio Institute
We envision a world in which leaders working in all communities, industries, and sectors are equipped to solve complex social, economic, and environmental challenges through cross sector collaboration. Our national center overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge is focused on building the capacity of individuals and teams to practice cross sector leadership and collaboration. At the Presidio Institute, we define cross sector leadership as the practice of building and supporting alliances of individuals working within and across sectors that together have a role in solving a problem and achieving a shared goal. This work requires leaders who can facilitate the members of these alliances in building teams, solving problems, and achieving impact.
This position requires the completion of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics (OGE) Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, both as a New Entrant into the position and annually thereafter. The purpose of the financial disclosure system is to assist employees and their agencies in avoiding conflicts between official duties and private financial interests or affiliations.