The Presidio Trust is seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist to serve as a key member of our Strategy and Communications team. The Presidio is a new kind of national park. It is home to the spectacular vistas, nature and programs that visitors would expect as well as a community of residents and organizations who bring renewed vitality and purpose to this former military post. The Presidio Trust is an innovative federal agency created to save the Presidio and share it with the public. The Trust's Strategy and Communications Division supports the process for developing, monitoring, and evolving the organization's strategic vision and communicating a broad invitation for the public to discover and enjoy this unique American resource. Learn more at www.presidio.gov.
Our ideal candidate brings a strong grasp of best-practices in web development, organic and paid search, email marketing, and analytics in support of larger integrated marketing strategies. You seamlessly balance multiple and often evolving priorities, and collaborate effectively with staff, partners, and vendors from various disciplines.
Applications received by December 2, 2016 will receive first consideration. We are planning to hold the first round of interviews beginning the week of December 5, make a job offer by mid-December, and set a work start date in early January 2017.
- Execute updates for all Presidio Trust-managed websites and external partner websites to ensure content is discoverable, accurate, current, and compelling.
- In coordination with the Associate Director of Communications and Marketing and outside development firms, implement web platform additions and improvements; this may include developing design enhancements and new functionality on existing web platforms or creating new digital tools. Perform testing and report bugs, UI, and UX issues. Manage website domains and renewals.
- Implement the Presidio's email marketing program, including designing responsive email templates and building out campaigns. Maintain email lists and segmentation. Conduct A/B testing to improve engagement rates.
- Implement continuous SEO program improvements. Monitor and analyze SEO performance. Conduct ongoing keyword discovery, expansion, and optimization. Make recommendations for enhancing SEO strategy and tactics for continuous growth and improvement. .
- Implement paid search campaigns.
- Compile, monitor, and analyze analytics for digital marketing activities, including website, email marketing, and social media analytics. Produce reports that allow the organization to understand current usage and to make continuous improvements. Make recommendations for improving strategy and tactics to enhance performance.
- Provide digital design support, including the creation of wireframes and digital ads; take photos as needed.
- Reinforce agency branding guidelines and practices in all digital channels, which includes serving as a resource for such standards for internal and external partners.
- Work collaboratively to research and evaluate emerging best practices for digital media to incorporate for optimized public reach.
- Collaborate within the Strategy and Communications group in a creative, team-oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field AND at least three years' work experience in a closely related position.
- Proficiency with content management systems (especially Sharepoint 2013, Squarespace, and WordPress), HTML, CSS Design, Adobe suite, MailChimp, Hootsuite, and Microsoft suite.
- Ability to think strategically, multi-task, attend to detail and deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Self-driven problem-solver with a willingness to meet and exceed expectations.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment that allows for flexibility and changing priorities.
- Strong collaborator with positive team approach.
- Passion for new and emerging technologies and best practices.
- Ability to manage the expectations of various users and constituents.
About Strategy & Communications
The Strategy & Communications team attracts and welcomes visitors to the Presidio through innovative communications and marketing efforts. The team facilitates the strategic planning process (i.e. Strategy 2020), crafts the Presidio's narrative, offers an invitation to the public using many tools and channels, and solicits feedback to help the organization continuously improve its offerings. In 2015, the Presidio was recognized as a top destination by National Geographic Traveler's magazine Best of the World list.