The Presidio Trust is seeking a Cyclic Maintenance Manager to plan and lead the preventive and cyclic maintenance program, the maintenance inspection program, and the physical security of Trust resources. The Presidio is a new kind of national park. It is home to the spectacular vistas, nature and programs that visitors would expect in a national park as well as a community of residents and organizations who bring renewed vitality and purpose to this former military post. The Presidio Trust is an innovative federal agency created to save the Presidio and share it with the public.
Our ideal candidate is a skilled planner, capable of executing the maintenance schedule for a complex and historic portfolio of buildings. You'll bring your construction, historic buildings, and sustainability skills to determine the most appropriate use of our limited resources and to execute the preventive maintenance schedule. People skills are key in working with Presidio tenants, partners, contractors, fellow Trust staff, and your team.
- Coordinate, organize and administer the scheduling and control of general, planned and preventive maintenance, repair and construction of building facilities and equipment.
- Establish and review planned maintenance work schedules for various trades; develop guidelines for time, labor and material projections; maintain and modify cyclic and annual preventive maintenance programs for Presidio buildings.
- Assist in identifying critical assets and developing detailed work plans, procedures and reports to perform a condition assessment of these assets.
- Develop standard instructions for preventive maintenance work order checklists; through the Yardi Work Order database responsible for: providing comprehensive performance reporting; monitoring the Yardi system for coding preventative maintenance work orders; and maintaining and evaluating systems maintenance records.
- Work closely with the Planning Department; review and comment on project development drawings for material and equipment comparability with existing maintenance programs.
- Supervise maintenance inspectors and supervisor, project manager, physical security specialist and maintenance team, including hiring; training; planning and directing work; appraising performance; approving leave; rewarding and disciplining; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Four years of experience as a maintenance estimator and/or scheduler or equivalent in facilities maintenance (buildings, utilities, related structures and equipment).
- Experience developing or implementing preventive maintenance programs.
- Ability to lead and supervise employees and subordinate supervisors.
- Knowledge of building physical maintenance equipment systems including installation and repair.
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, and construction drawings.
- Experience with PC-based maintenance, scheduling and estimating software including spreadsheets and word processing.
- Possession and maintenance of a Class C driver's license.
- Passion for parks; strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- Experience working with sustainable building practices.
- Experience working with historic structures.
About the Presidio Building Maintenance
The Presidio is an extraordinary place to work for the thousands of employees of approximately 100 business who lease commercial space in the park. More than 3.5 million square feet of non-residential space is located throughout the park. Approximately 3,000 people reside in 2 million square feet of residential apartments, multiplexes, or single-family homes in one of the 21 distinct Presidio neighborhoods, which are located near forest groves, trails, waterfront paths, a gold course and two beaches. Two-thirds of the buildings are historic, representing a variety of architectural styles, spanning the periods of Spanish rule, the Civil War, World War I & II, through the 20th Century, to present day. The Presidio Trust Building Maintenance Department ensures that these beautiful, historic buildings are renovated and maintained for contemporary uses, while preserving their unique characteristics for our tenants, residents, employees, and visitors. The Building Maintenance Department successfully manages to accomplish these many and varied tasks utilizing green building sustainable practices while holding one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the industry.