This former Army barracks was constructed in 1923 in the wooded hillside just above the Cavalry Stables. It is immediately adjacent to a large former cavalry barracks. 683 Schofield Road underwent a complete historic renovation in 2009 and is a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) gold certified rehabilitation project. Though fully prepared for contemporary uses, much of the building’s historic fabric remains intact.
Building 683 is now offered as a stand-alone building featuring a mostly open floor plan with three distinct multi-purpose work spaces and private bathrooms. It is data and telcom-ready.
The building, set in the historic Presidio forest and within walking distance of the Main Post and Crissy Field, offers views toward Alcatraz and San Francisco Bay. Trails and recreational opportunities are nearby. The neighborhood is served by the free PresidiGo Around The Park Shuttle which connects to free PresidiGo Downtown Shuttle, Muni, and Golden Gate Transit.