Help enhance rare native plant habitat and create important wildlife corridors in the Presidio of San Francisco. Volunteers participate in environmental healing by removing invasive plants and revegetating with natives. Come learn about local plants and animals and be a habitat hero!
Volunteer programs take place on Wednesdays and Saturdays, 9 am-noon and Sundays, 10 am-1 pm.
Individuals and Families
Registration required for participation, but individuals are welcome to register up to the day before the event.
Check the Presidio Park Stewards volunteer page for program updates and cancellations.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form or visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers ages 10 and up are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the parent/guardian approval section signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at the Presidio Transit Center at 8:50 am on Wednesdays and Saturdays and 9:50 am on Sundays (click on map above). Volunteers will be transported to the work site.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.
The Golden Gate National Parks Volunteer Program is a cooperative parkwide effort of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust.