Boasting some of San Francisco’s most historic and most stunning event spaces, The Presidio of San Francisco has been the beautiful backdrop to life’s celebrations since its inception as a Spanish military installation. Now as a new kind of national park, the Presidio’s event spaces, including some of San Francisco’s beloved icons, are available for public rental. We’re seeking a Special Event Venue Assistant to represent the Presidio at these special events.
Our ideal candidate needs a keen eye for detail to ensure that events are both pristine for the current guests, as well as compliant with rules, regulations, and contracts to preserve the spaces for future visitors. You’ll have the ingenuity to resolve issues when they unexpectedly arise during events, often after hours with limited support; you’ll do so with aplomb and graciousness, ensuring that guests want to return again and again.
This is a temporary position, with an intermittent work schedule, without benefits.
• Work closely with permit holders from set up through final check-out regarding event logistics, caterers, fire safety, rental equipment set-up, venue cleaning, and maintenance
• Serve as the primary on-site contact during permitted events, ensuring a high level of customer service
• Ensure that all rules and regulations identified in the client’s Special Use Permit for each venue are followed
• Ensure that all historic and environmental guidelines for use and occupancy are followed
• Provide building open and close
• Provide set up and break down of standard event equipment and furnishings when necessary
• Comfortable business attire is required while on duty
• Weekend and evening work is required
• Must be reliable, personable and have the ability to meet and communicate effectively with a diverse clientele
• Strong work ethic with the ability to be flexible and adapt to change
• Highly detail oriented / ability to multi-task
• Basic familiarity with the physical plant of each venue and a working knowledge of on-the-spot solutions for typical maintenance issues such as burned out light bulbs, plugged toilets and spills
• Must have a current, valid California driver license
• Work requires walking and standing in conjunction with overseeing event venue
• Employee is typically required to carry light to moderately heavy items and may drive or be a passenger in a motor vehicle
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions often in inclement weather
• The job requires that the employee be present at events often taking place at odd hours including early morning, late night, and weekends
• The job sometimes requires work in excess of the standard 8-hour day
About Presidio Trust Events
The Presidio includes some of San Francisco’s most iconic event spaces. The Officers’ Club, one of San Francisco’s first buildings, offers panoramic views across the main post lawn and San Francisco bay, a stunning ballroom, and an open air courtyard. The Log Cabin, built in 1937, sits near the Golden Gate Bridge; its warm and rustic interior are complemented by a large lawn with a panoramic view of the San Francisco skyline. Inspiration Point, an outdoor venue, hovers above the Tennessee Hollow watershed; a canopy of eucalyptus forest extends below it to the bay, where visitors can at once see the expanse of the Presidio forests, the Palace of Fine Arts, San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz, and Angel Island. Presidio Trust Events is honored to share these, and many other, sublime spaces to host special events.