The Presidio Officers' Club is one of San Francisco's oldest buildings AND one of San Francisco's newest destinations. Just re-opened in 2014, the Officers' Club is at once a culturally and historically significant building (one of the first buildings in San Francisco), and a key place where the Presidio Trust Heritage Program welcomes the public for free events. The Heritage Program reveals and elevates the Presidio, encouraging people to connect more deeply with our shared heritage by involving people in the unfolding story of the Presidio; connecting the Presidio to the larger American experience; sharing knowledge of this national historic landmark; and building relationships with new and diverse communities.
The Heritage Program Coordinator provides administrative support for all the activities of the Heritage Program including exhibitions and public programs at the Officers' Club; educational programs in and around the Main Post; and historical research, excavation, and lab-based activities out of the Archaeology Lab. Minimum salary for this position is $ 44,518.
- Maintain master calendar of all Heritage Program activities; schedule routine services; reserve space and equipment; coordinate staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
- Prepare agendas, schedule meetings, and record and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations.
- Assist with budget preparation; process Visa purchase requests and purchase requests through Oracle for the full range of office services and/or supplies utilized by division; route invoices related to goods and/or services for approval.
- Serve as timekeeper and process timesheets for assigned employees and interns on a bi-weekly basis; act as liaison between employees and Human Resources regarding timekeeping questions and issues; serve as back-up timekeeper as designated.
- Produce documents, reports, spreadsheets and maintain databases. Help to design and draft publications for distribution to visitors and program participants.
- Two years' experience in office administration and coordination.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication. Ability to carry out instructions given in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form; to respond to common inquiries; to write routing reports and correspondence; to assemble and summarize information as required in anticipation of the needs of department leadership.
- Experience required in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task effectively; to consider and anticipate the needs of others; to maintain a positive attitude; and to interact with the public in a professional and personable way.
- Strong desire to work for the Presidio.
- Experience with a public institution.
- Experience in Adobe Create Suite programs.
About the Presidio Officers' Club
Long before there was the city of San Francisco, there was the Presidio of San Francisco. First established in 1776, the adobe walls of the Officers' Club stand testament to California's beginnings. Throughout the 20th century, the renowned Presidio Officers' Club was a gathering place for Army brass and their families. Today, this beloved institution has been transformed into a multi-faceted cultural destination that welcomes the entire community. The Officers' Club features exceptional exhibits inspired by the Presidio's role in shaping California and serving the nation. Free public programs enliven, engage and entertain, including live music and dance, talks, films, and creative family fun.
The Presidio Trust is an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive benefits package.
To apply call (415) 561-5300 (Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm) to request an application package, OR download the application from our website, www.presidio.gov, and mail the application to Human Resources, Presidio Trust, P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129-0052.