Once an Army base, now a new kind of national park, the Presidio of San Francisco is the largest preservation effort underway in the United States. Professionals in historic preservation, archaeology, historic landscape architecture, materials conservation, forestry, curatorial practices, construction and engineering work together to renew and revive the Presidio's physical legacy, which consists of 1,491 acres including 477 individually significant historic buildings, about 6 million square feet of office space, and more than 180 historic objects including roadways, cannon, gates, walls, and other features. The Presidio Trust's Contracting team supports these major contracting efforts in the Park, as well as supporting hospitality, public programming, educational initiatives, and many interesting and multi-faceted lines of business.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced contracting professional with demonstrated success in many different types of contracts, including construction, architectural, engineering, and general consulting. You are a team player capable of supporting and working constructively with a team of professionals. You'll work simultaneously on a wide range of contracts which may include the new Presidio Parklands Project, public exhibits and shows, Off the Grid picnic, the Presidio Institute, and hospitality, so you must be able to switch gears quickly and easily. Most importantly, you'll be passionate about the Presidio of San Francisco.
- Performs pre-award contract activities, developing contracting plan, contractor resourcing, interfaces with various user groups (construction, engineering, operations), in support of RFP's, conducts pre-bid meetings/job-walks, bid evaluation and price negotiations, award recommendations and contract execution
- Coordinates negotiation of contract terms and conditions
- Performs all facets of post award contract administration
- Administers changes to contractors including claim mitigation/resolution
- Is proactive with contractors to ensure contract compliance, various reporting contract requirements, invoices and supporting documents in a timely manner
- Performs close out of contracts, finalizes outstanding contracting issues, final invoices and contractor performance evaluations
- Interfaces with Trust management with respect to contracting and bidding activities
- Uses a variety of construction contract formats including Guaranteed Maximum Price ("GC at Risk"), Lump Sum, Not to Exceed, Design/Build models
- Assists the Associate Director of Contracting in working with Legal to develop new contract formats
- Acts as lead for the Contracting Branch providing support to the Associate Director of Contracting in mentoring and training Contracting Branch personnel
- Assists with and potentially manages FF&E/OS&E Purchasing program for Hospitality
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with a wide variety of contract types (preferably construction, architecture/engineering)
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills to interface with co-workers, other staffs and contractors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with enterprise financial systems, or similar
- Creativity and flexibility
About the Presidio Trust Contracting
Approximately 3,000 people reside in apartments, townhomes, single-family homes or duplexes in one of the 21 distinct Presidio neighborhoods, which are located near forest groves, trails, waterfront paths, a golf course, and a beach. More than 3.5 million square feet of non-residential space is located around the park. Two-thirds of the buildings are historic, representing a variety of architectural styles, from the Spanish era through World War II. The Presidio is an extraordinary place to work for the thousands of employees of approximately 100 businesses who lease commercial space. Presidio Trust Contracting partners with Operations to ensure that the Presidio Trust maintains its financial self-sufficiency and is able to provide beneficial public programming, ensuring that future generations will continue to enjoy the beautiful Presidio.
The Presidio Trust has identified this position as subject to an employment background investigation which shall consist of a review of applicable county, state and Federal criminal and civil records, state bankruptcy indexes and a credit report. An individual's granting of a background investigation and resulting report is voluntary. However, employment in this sensitive position is contingent upon the successful completion of an employment background investigation. The Presidio Trust may refuse to hire an individual, may rescind an offer of employment to an individual, or may review and terminate the employment of a current employee not successfully completing the background investigation.