About the Proposal
The Lucas Cultural Arts Museum
is based in George Lucas’ passion for education and the role art can play in inspiring young people. Visual storytelling is a significant part of our cultural heritage. This museum will provide the Presidio community with a state-of-the art interactive facility that will nurture curiosity, ignite imaginations and broaden the spirit of adventure for children and families, schools and educators, as well as visitors from around the world.
The museum is committed to engage the diverse audiences it serves with meaningful and lasting learning experiences weaving together art and science curricula. The collection ranges from fine art to animation, from fashion to cinematic design and is comprised of works of the great masters of the Golden Age of Illustration through today’s digital artists, showing the ways culture is reflected in the popular art of any given time. George Lucas will bring to the museum a wealth of strong affiliations with other significant arts and education institutions from around the world to help enhance the truly unique place that the Presidio is.
About the Team
- Angelo Garcia, Lucas Cultural Arts Museum, Vice President
- Robert Bradley, Lucas Cultural Arts Museum, Vice President
- David Perry, Lucas Cultural Arts Museum, PR / Spokesman
- Melanie Blum, Lucas Cultural Arts Museum, Community Affairs
- Laela French, Lucas Cultural Arts Museum, Exhibitions Director
- Urban Design Group, Architect
- Office of Cheryl Barton – Landscape Architect