Help maintain and care for young trees in the Presidio’s reforestation areas. Volunteers assist with maintenance of these areas through weeding, mulching, and other stewardship activities. Please join us for a fun and rewarding experience, and meet others, like you, who love the Presidio forest!
This is an on-going volunteer program every 1st and 2nd Friday, 9 am-noon.
Individuals and Families
Drop-in individuals are welcome. Registration is not required for participation, but highly encouraged.
Check the Presidio Forest Stewards volunteer page for project details and program updates.
Groups of five or more may require special arrangements and must be confirmed in advance. Fill out the Group Project Request Form or visit our Groups volunteer page to learn more.
Age, Skills, What to Bring:
- Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Read our Youth Policy Guidelines (PDF) for youth under the age of 15.
- Bring your completed Presidio Trust Volunteer Agreement Form (PDF). Volunteers under the age of 18 must have the Parent/Guardian Approval Form (PDF) signed.
- We'll be working rain or shine. Wear clothes that can get dirty. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required. Bring layers for changing weather and rain gear if necessary.
- Bring a personal water bottle and sunscreen.
- No experience necessary. Training and tools will be provided. Fulfills community service requirements.
Meet at Inspiration Point Overlook (click on map above). Volunteers will be transported by van to project sites.
For general questions regarding volunteer programs, contact us at (415) 561-3044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also view the Volunteer FAQ page for more information.
The Golden Gate National Parks Volunteer Program is a cooperative parkwide effort of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy, the National Park Service, and the Presidio Trust.